As an applied research scientist with BBM you will be part of a highly empowered team of applied researchers, data scientists, and data engineers that are creating a first class experience for one of the most popular messaging platforms in the world.
- The successful candidate should be able to become an expert/leader in an active area of R&D such as spam detection, user preference modeling, behavior modeling, social network analysis, recommendation systems, content classification and/or business decision support.
- He or she will be hands-on and will create large-scale predictive models (supervised, unsupervised and/or reinforcement) from disparate data sources.
- He or she will implement and deploy their ideas at scale and in the cloud.
- PhD, MS or equivalent experience in machine learning, computer science or related field
- Solid understanding of machine learning and statistics
- Solid reasoning and communication skills
- Experience with multiple statistical modeling techniques such as logistic regression, gradient boosting, random forests, SVMs, bagging, DNNs, etc.
- Experience in one or more of NLP, computational linguists, hierarchical and/or multi-label classification, search or information retrieval, graph analysis, optimization, social network analysis and/or recommender systems desirable
- Experience with cloud platforms, e.g. GCP, and related tools, e.g. DataProc, AirFlow etc., desirable
- Solid coding skills in at least one of Java, scala, python, C, C++ and/or perl
- Data wrangling skills: Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig etc.
- Familiarity with messaging apps and/or advertising models a plus
- Must be legally eligible to work in Singapore