As a big data analyst you will be part of a small but highly empowered team of data mining practitioners that are discovering better ways to understand and serve our customers.
The BBM Data Analytics Team is responsible for understanding trends and reporting on our growing worldwide user base. Our mission is to provide the best possible user experience for our BBM platform by providing invaluable analytics support to engineering, sales and executive decision makers.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
• Understand and contribute to a complex data processing pipeline and predictive analytics framework
• Create, update and modify dashboards for reporting and analysis
• Develop a deep understanding of the data and be able to create ad-hoc one-time reports in support of critical business decisions
• Develop stored procedures for data integration and data aggregation
• Build and maintain reports using Spark, SQL, BigQuery and Tableau
• Document projects and routinely re-factor code for better performance
• Estimate and plan development work, track and report on task progress, and deliver work on schedule
• Work directly with users, developers and business analysts to provide technical support in developing and maintaining BI reports and applications
• Integrate data from multiple sources into the data warehouse
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Extensive experience with relational databases such as MySQL including stored procedures
• Experience with big data tools such as Apache Spark, Hive, Hadoop etc.
• Experience with BI tools such as Tableau or QlikView
• Experience with data analysis and data mining using SQL, Scala, Java, or Python
• Solid understanding of database concepts such as data warehousing, star schemas, OLAP technology and tools such as Analysis Services
• Experience with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud, Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
• Can work independently and as part of a team
• Good written and oral communication skills