As a software engineer at BBM, you’re responsible for much more than just designing and writing a robust, reliable, scalable and readable code. You will own and operate a platform with 100% uptime. You will work with product managers and designers to understand complex domains and identify opportunities, solutions, improvements and optimizations. We’re looking for passionate individuals that are hands-on to apply their technology to solve real world problems for our user base.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- 3 years of Java development experience
- Experience developing in an Agile and test driven environment
- Strong design and analytical skills
- Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or related cloud environment experience
- Experience with high-performance, scalable distributed software systems
- Strong database experience, including both non-relational and relational. Cassandra experience a plus.
- Networking protocols and methodologies, including HTTP, REST, SIP, Protocol Buffers, etc.
- Authentication technologies and principles. OAuth 2.0 experience a plus.
- Message queueing technologies and principles. JMS, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ experience a plus.
- Big data and analytics experience a plus
- GIT and peer code review experience